axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Bobek <andreas.bo...@uni-rostock.de>
Subject [Axis2-0.95] how to ectract SOAP fault information at client side?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:30:57 GMT
Hi,

I successfully created a customized SOAP 1.2 fault message at server-side
(Code, SubCode, Reason and Detail). However, up to now I can't find a way to
ectract these information at client-side. Here I use a ServiceClient which
throws (as expected) an AxisFault when invoking the sendReceive method.

I retraced the invocations in the source code and found out following calls:

ServiceClient.sendReceive(OMElement elem)
in ServiceClient.sendReceive(QName operation, OMElement elem) =>
mepClient.execute(true); in line 445
in OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(boolean block) => throw new
AxisFault(ex); in line 276

In AxisFault(Throwable cause) only the message is extracted from cause...

There again is a todo item:
"TODO: handle AxisFaults or SOAPFaultException implementations differently?"

YES ;-)

Or is there another possibility to get the SOAP fault information?

I'd like to have something like this:

catch(AxisFault f){
	f.getCode
	f.getSubCode(s)
}

or at least an accessible response MessageContext.

Thank you, Andreas Bobek.