axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: differences between axis and axis2 (styles and lit vs enc)
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:20:03 GMT
Roughly speaking doc/lit and rpc/lit are databinding styles that allow for
complex objects, ie, customized classes with getters and setters, to be
defined via WSDL. The differences in these styles and how to define them are
explained pretty well here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/

You can transform the wsdl to Java sources via wsdl2java and such. wsdl2java
in Axis2 internally has options for either xmlbeans, adb, jaxme or perhaps
someday jaxb.

Now if you've used jaxb or xmlbeans in pure java, or read the many docs
explaining what they do, then you'll then have a good start knowing how to
"create a service with axis which receives some sort of xml tree inside the
java methods" .

Does that answer your question?

HTH,
Robert