axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 and JBoss 4.0 and Asynchronous Webservices
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:14:15 GMT
I looked more into this out of curiosity:

1) JBoss 4.0.x internally uses a modified version of Axis 1.x. However, they
only support their own stacks:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=WebServiceStacks

"Any stack not listed above is *not supported*. This includes *Standalone
Apache Axis*, and the *JWSDP Web Services Stack*. Only the wscompile tool in
the JWSDP is supported. "

This primarily means EJB - of course nothing is stopping you from using your
WAR, handling your transactions via spring, hibernate etc.

2) The modified Axis 1.x stack is being phased out for their own stack,
which supports JAXWS-2.0:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossWS

3) They have a page "Why is Apache Axis not
supported<http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=67754&start=-10&postdays=postDays&postorder=postOrder&highlight=highlight>"

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3889456#3889456

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

On 3/14/06, robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify - what you mention makes sense from a WAR standpoint. I'm
> unsure, however, how one would wire an EAR or SAR with EJB into an Axis2 Web
> Service. I've done a lot with EJB, JWSDP and JBoss, and using Axis 1.xwould in several
ways be similair. Axis2, however, doesn't currently support