axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 and JBoss 4.0
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:40:27 GMT
I haven't mixed JBoss and Axis2 together yet - but I know both reasonably
well independently. I've used JBoss and EJB with JWSDP alot.

Internally JBoss 4.0.x comes with Axis 1.x - though strangely their docs and
examples favor JWSDP. Furthermore, It tends to be more natural to use a
Statelful session bean with web services.

There are Handlers that are part of Java itself and can be used with Axis 1
and JWSDP - javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler is one I've used a lot. However,
axis2 does not currently support JAX-RPC. JBoss is pretty wired into
JAX-RPC.

So to make Web Services function with JBoss and EJB you'll need to edit and
create a lot of files, and using axis2 in jboss and ejb is a bit bleeding
edge. Don't get me wrong - it'd be a cool project and yes I think it can be
done. But if you don't know Jboss or axis2 well, there are not going to be a
lot of docs to help you. My personal experience on the jboss lists have not
been good - they strongly encourage paid support.

Another option I would strongly consider is just use hibernate if you have a
choice - instead of EJB. It'll be a lot simpler config. Sounds like your
commited to EJB though.

If you still decide to use axis2 with jboss, look at the jboss guide chapter
12. Look at their files:

webservices.xml
ejb-jar.xml
jboss.xml