axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mr Rob Shepherd <robs...@robshepherd.net>
Subject axis threading
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:34:13 GMT

I am evaluating axis for a number of projects.

I have sucessfully deployed axis on jetty 5 and tested a simple jws
object. This query may be an issue with jetty, so I apologise if this is
the case.

I dropped in a calculator  object with just add and subtract methods.

In testing I noticed the service is provided without multithreading.
However strangely this only appears to be 'per' method. If I make both
methods consume 10 seconds say, subsequent requests to the same method
will block. Likewise with the other method, however it has an independent
request queue to the first.

Strangley also, a new instance of the calculator is made upon every
request. I don't understand then why these standalone instances cannot be
multithreaded.

Some questions...

Is there some docs to describe this behaviour?
It this only an issue with jws scripts?
How can I multi thread my objects?
additionally, can I get access to the http basic auth credentials from my
axis ws?

Incidentally, I have configured jetty to use axis with listener thread
pool size min and max values. I don't know whether there is some other
config for this. The jetty list is my next stop.

Thanks for any insight,

Rob