axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris McCormack <chris.mccorm...@theedmgroup.co.uk>
Subject [axis1.3]Handling AxisFault
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:52:07 GMT
Hello all -

I am fairly new to Webservices and Axis but have managed ok so far.
Currently using Tomcat 5.5.9, Tiger(1.5), Axis 1.3 final.

I have created a service that has a request flow defined like :

<service name="LookupService" provider="java:RPC" style="rpc" use="encoded">
    <requestFlow>
     <handler type="DBAuthentication"/>
     <handler type="SimpleAuthorisation"/>
    </requestFlow>
.
.
.
</service>

The handlers are defined as :

 	<!-- define an authorisation handler -->
 	 <handler name="DBAuthentication"
type="java:com.blah.webservices.handler.AuthenticationHandler"/>
 	 <handler name="SimpleAuthorisation"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthorizationHandler">
 	   	<parameter name="allowByDefault" value="true"/>
 	 </handler>

This is working fine. But I want to understand how to make it behave
slightly differently.

So my question is :

Inside the "org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthorizationHandler" invoke
method.
It checks for
if (user == null)
            throw new AxisFault("Server.NoUser",
                    Messages.getMessage("needUser00"), null, null);

Is it possible to catch this/all AxisFault server side and have it returned
to the client as a substituted String?
Or even just the getFaultString() message as a String?

thanks
Chris