axis-java-user mailing list archives

From SOA Work <soaw...@web.de>
Subject Re: Auto generate documentation? E.g. javadoc-like for webservices?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:09:41 GMT

Hi,

I have a suggestion ;-)
In wsdl files you can specifiy documentation information which can be added to multiple elements
(services, operations...).
If you generate your wsdl file starting on java side, you can add the information to the deployment
files and it will be added to the wsdl while generation.

After you added the information you can generate html files looking like javadoc for your
wsdl. There are at least two tools (called wsdldoc) which can generate such documentations.
I think http://www.bluetetra.com/ provides a solution and in the ettk package from ibm http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/ettkws
theres an wsdldoc too.

best regards
Dominik

p.s.: Unfortunately the jsr181 annotation specification doesn't care about the documentation
tag and so many libs using annos either