axis-java-user mailing list archives

From SOA Work <soaw...@web.de>
Subject Re: Async Service with callback for BPEL process (any hints?)
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:29:13 GMT

Hm, okay. I guess my questions are missleding you. I'm looking for an axis user which covered
the same design problem as I do, your answers are more about the technical axis architecture.

On the axis2 (and your) point of view a service can be sync and async (just a matter of messagereceiver).

My problem is a little different and maybe not an issue for technical discussion more a design
issue.
f.e.:
what I have:
a process covering a holiday order
a web service covering user interaction

1. ) I want the process to invoke the service on an async way (<- that's it where your
answers are pointing, how to create a service with an async-only-in-message-receiver )
2.) the user takes a lot of time to decide what to do
3.) the service makes a callback to the bpel process

My question was about the hole scenario. How to implement the service part and how to create
the callback? Now I'm going to create a service with an async void operation. After the user
made his decision, I'm going to use the axis client api to callback a wsdl port on the bpel
process.

So my question is cleared.
Thx
Dominik

axis-user@ws.apache.org schrieb am 08.03.06 14:05:12:

> Hi guys,
> I believe we did give a considerable thought to this very problem
> during architecture discussions in Axis2.
> Dominik, Could you try one more time refrasing the question please. I
> am sure we can answer this.
> Here is an answer to the question as i understod it.
> Serverside sync or async issue is a serverside programming model issue
> rather WSDL issue. So you need to explecitly decide the serverside
> asyncness as you develop the service(ideally as you deploy the
> service).
> If you are asking whether the async service is deployed in a different
> Endpoint than the sync service,( i.e. every service has two endpoints
> one syn and one async??) .The answer is no.
> You should decide sync async ness of the service before deployment.
> WSDL nor the endpoint has nothing to do with sync asyncness of the
> service.
> How do you do this async service in Axis2.... You use a special
> MessageReceiver. Have a look at
> org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutAsyncMessageReceiver.
> I am sure Deepals sample will extend this message receiver.
> Did i answer the right question??
>
> Thanks
> Chathura
>
> On 3/8/06, SOA Work <soawork@web.de> wrote:
> >

> > No problem. A sample would be nice. Async services could be very important for bpel
and user interaction.

> > Does somebody know an answer to my questions:
> > How does it know which operation on wich port type on wich endpoint it has to call
(for callback)?
> > Is there any message added to the soap request?
> >
> > axis-user@ws.apache.org schrieb am 08.03.06 11:10:36:
> > >
> > > right now I dont have a sample server side service to give you (I am
> > > very sorry for that) , but I will give you a sample soon
> > >
> > > For the client side we have bunch of samples in the site as well as SVN.

a void operation and later "client side axis" to callback.