axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] 0.95 installation
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:02:14 GMT
Ken Campbell wrote:
> Hi Chinthaka,
>
> Now that I understand the problem I just need to refactor my services.
> However, I am a bit confused when you say that you refactored om *after*
> 0.95. Does this mean the  refactoring is now *in* 0.95, or does it mean it
> will be in 0.96?

It will be in 0.96 and in the current svn head.

> The Eclipse Axis code generator (which I downloaded from the 0.94 release)
> produces a skeleton for me which has methods like:
>
>   public org.apache.axis2.om.OMElement getPage(
>         org.apache.axis2.om.OMElement param0) {
>         //Todo fill this with the necessary business logic
>         return null;
>     }
>
> However, the 0.95 jars that I am using in my build path have
> org.apache.ws.common.om.OMElement. I am pointing at
> %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/axiom-api-0.95.jar which is the
> directory that the 'magic' axis2.war created.
>
> Yet the svn repository (which I would have thought would have the latest
> source) is the same as the Eclipse generator signatures.

Let me explain this.

This time we didn't have enough time to improve eclipse tools. So I
think we didn't distribute any of the plugins.

Abt Axiom package refactoring :
Initially Axiom was a module within Axis2. So the package names was
org.apache.axis2.om. This is what you have with Axis2 0.94.
But since OM is a generic xml model, we moved that to commons project,
which gave it the packaging org.apache.ws.commons.om. This is what you
have with Axis2 0.95.
Now we again had to change the axiom packaging to give it a better
meaning. So the packaging became org.apache.axiom.om.
I hope this will be the last refactoring that we will do as far as axiom
is concerned. So you will not have any problems.

And I don't think you can use 0.94 eclipse plugin to be used with 0.95.
Ajith, hope the last statement is true..

-- Chinthaka