axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dies Koper <d...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: [Axis v1.3] conf option to enable HTTP Basic auth
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:02:26 GMT
Hello Artur,

On the client side you do: (from JAX-RPC1.1 spec)

StockQuoteProvider_Stub sqp = // ... get to the stub;
sqp._setProperty(Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, "<username>");
sqp._setProperty(Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "<password>");
float quote = sqp.getLastTradePrice("ACME");

Regards,
Dies

Artur Kraft wrote:
> Hello,
>
> searching the whole day for a guide/doc how to enable HTTP Basic
> authentication, I stumbled over the axis security doc
> (http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/security.html) with the following notice:
>
> "Clients can authenticate themselves with client certificates, or HTTP
> basic authentication. The latter is too weak to be trustable on a
> non-encrypted channel, but works over HTTPS. The MessageContext class
> will be configured with the username and password of the sender when
> SOAP messages are posted to the endpoint;"
>
> But I can't find any document how to enable the basic authentication.
> Can please someone point me to the altered configuration I have to
> provide to get it working?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Kind regards
> Artur Kraft
>
> PS: Sorry for the "double post"

In a way it was good that you did, I was too busy when I got the first
one this afternoon and deleted it :)