axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Pete Helgren <p...@timptech.com>
Subject Sorting out a 404 error
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 19:00:57 GMT
I have an axis application that I created (in MyEclipse) and run on my
local PC.  I created a .net client application that uses SOAP, again on
my local machine using VS2005, and I tested it and it works great.

I then wanted to test the .net client from another machine on the
network.  I changed the WSDL file to use the actual address of the PC
running tomcat from 'localhost' so that now the address is the local
address of the machine.  Again, I tested the client locally and it works.

So I deployed the client application to another PC on the network.  When
I run client application I get a "The request failed with HTTP status
404: /SOAServices/services/DBIO" error.  So, I decided to run the URL
from a browser and see what I got. I get: "DBIO Hi there, this is an
AXIS service! Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service
here... "

So that tells me that the server is available and is happy with the URL
(which I copied and pasted from the WSDL file so I know it is
accurate).  I get a very similar message from a client I wrote in RPGLE
(IBM midrange hardware running i5/OS) so I think it has to do with a
configuration issue at the server, although I can't say for sure.

So the questions are:  What should I do next to determine what is
causing the error? What is the most like cause? Is there a tool I can
use to view the request that Axis receives os perhaps see that HTTP
request being sent?  I have been working on this problem all morning
(and Googling like crazy) and haven't found a solution.

Thanks.

Pete Helgren