axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Habib Ayob" <hab...@netcb.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Version 0.93 - How do I get a client through a proxy
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:01:01 GMT
Hi Saminda

Thanks for letting me know about the bug, I think it would be best to move over to 0.94. I
have just one more question regarding the Axis2.xml. As far as I know Axis2.xml is located
on the server side, is there another on each of the clients? If this is true, where should
it be located and how does one use it?

Thanks again
Habib

>>> saminda@opensource.lk 03/03/06 1:22 PM >>>

Hi Ayob,

There was a bug in Axis2-0.93 proxy setting on runtime. It has been
fixed in Axis2-0.94 release and onwards. But if you use Axis2.xml to set
the proxy setting your setting will work.

I would encourage you to use Axis2-0.94 distribution to get full power
of basic authentication and NTLM authentication.

Please be kind enough to see the test case
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/integration/test/org/apache/axis2/engine/EchoRawRuntimeProxyTest.java?view=markup
for more information.

Thank you,

Saminda

Habib Ayob wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm relatively new to Axis2 and I seem to have a problem. I've created a web service
to enable clients to download software updates. All is well except that some clients need
to go through a proxy. I've tried:

> HttpTransportProperties htprops = new HttpTransportProperties();
> HttpTransportProperties.ProxyProperties proxyProperties = htprops.new ProxyProperties();
>
> proxyProperties.setProxyName("localhost");
> proxyProperties.setProxyPort(3128);
>
> options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.PROXY, proxyProperties);
> call.setClientOptions(options);
>
> But my squid proxy access.log doesn't show any activity. It does show activity when I
set my firefox proxy to this location. What am I doing wrong or missing?

> NETCB SOLUTIONS (PTY) LTD
> The Innovation Hub, Enterprise Building, 1st Floor, Unit U19
> Lynnwood, Pretoria
> P.O. Box 14449, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0028
> SOUTH AFRICA
> Tel. +27 12 844 0744
> Fax. +27 12 844 0763
>
> NetCB Solutions (Pty) Ltd trading as NetCB.com
> Reg. 2003/009745/07
> Directors: H de Bruin, JC du Toit, LJ Nel, CEO: JP Burgers
>
> This message and any attachments relating to official business of NetCB Solutions (Pty)
Ltd (NETCB) is proprietary to NETCB and intended for the original addressee only. The message
may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender.
> If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender immediately
and destroy the original message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you
are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy, use, distribute, or take any action
in connection therewith. NETCB cannot ensure that the integrity of this communication has
been maintained nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception and/or interference.
NETCB is not liable whatsoever for loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message
and/or attachments and/or the use of the information contained in this message and/or attachments.