axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastian J. Schultheiss" <s...@umich.edu>
Subject Connection Refused Error in User Guide Sample Client -- regardless of EPR
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:55:04 GMT
Hello!

We're trying to develop our own small axis web client. We have started by
running the client from the user guide. However, it's not cooperating. It seems
that it is not even trying to connect to the server yet, since the error message
("Connection Refused") is the same regardless of the URL we enter in the
EndpointReference targetEPR = new
EndpointReference("http://localhost/axis2/services/MyService")

We have downloaded the latest release, 0.94 of AXIS2 as a WAR file and inserted
it into Tomcat 5.5.15, which works fine. The WSDL is generated, but directing
the Browser itself to the EPR gives us a 500 HTTP error (probably no cause for
concern). Therefore we conclude that the error has to be on the client side.

We have also followed instructions from other mailing list posts telling us to
copy the addressing.mar file to the ~/.axis/modules directory, which didn't
change the error message below.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

-- Chris & Sebastian

--

- Deploying module : addressing
- I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request:
- I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request:
Connection refused
- Retrying request
- I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request:
Connection refused
- Retrying request
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection refused; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection refused; nested exception is:
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:245)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:449)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:317)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:267)
        at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:393)
        at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:326)
        at userguide.clients.EchoBlockingClient.main(EchoBlockingClient.java:48)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection refused; nested exception is:
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:290)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:204)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory.createSocket(ReflectionSocketFactory.java:139)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:124)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:706)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:386)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:346)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender.send(SOAPOverHTTPSender.java:100)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:284)
        ... 7 more