axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ali Sadik Kumlali <as_kuml...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Axis2][0.95][JDK1.4 and JDK 1.5] Still got security sample problems :)
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:39:28 GMT
Dear all,

  Thanks to Axis2 team, 0.95 relase has finally announced on the site.

  Happily, there is an extra download for security sample which makes me feel
  I finally get rid of security sample nightmare :)

  Unfortunately and surprisingly, I can't get security sample to work and
  still get the same errors. I've listed all my journey with the new release
  step by step.

  Hope, I'll somehow find a way to make it work :)

  Thanks,

  Ali Sadik Kumlali

  TRIALS WITH JDK 1.4
  Let's make sure the Java version:

  c:\axis2\samples\security>java -version
  java version "1.4.2_02"
  Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_02-b03)

  Let's run the sample:

  c:\axis2\samples\security>ant
  Buildfile: build.xml

  securitySample:
       [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSHandler: Encryption: error during mess
  age processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An unsupported signatu
  re or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception is:
       [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno
  t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
       [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Canno
  t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding; nested exception is:
       [java]     org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Encryptio
  n: error during message processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An
   unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception is:
       [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno
  t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
       [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Canno
  t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
       [java]     at org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllSender.invoke(WSDoAllSender.
  java:253)

  TRIALS WITH JDK 1.5
  Let's make sure the Java version:

  c:\axis2\samples\security>java -version
  java version "1.5.0_01"
  Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_01-b08)

  Let's run the sample:

  c:\axis2\samples\security>ant
  Buildfile: build.xml

  securitySample:
       [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apach
  e/xpath/compiler/FuncLoader
       [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.<init>(WSSConfig.java:75)
       [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.getNewInstance(WSSConfig.jav
  a:98)
       [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.<clinit>(WSSConfig.java:48)
       [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.<clinit>(WSSecurityEn
  gine.java:51)

  I remembered Ruchith Fernando's advice related to JDK 1.5 & Xalan and
  followed the link he gave:

  http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/xdocs/faq.html.

  Found an item mentioned to download xalan-2.7.0.jar. I downloaded it from:

  http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/xalan/jars/

  and put under c:\axis2\lib but got the same error. Searched in Google for org.apache.xpath.compiler.FuncLoader.
What I found that the FuncLoader.class existed in xalan-2.6.0.jar not in xalan-2.7.0.jar.

  Finally, downloaded xalan-2.6.0.jar and put under c:\axis2\lib. This time I got the same
error found in JDK 1.4:

  securitySample:
       [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSHandler: Encryption: error during mess
  age processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An unsupported signatu
  re or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception is:
       [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno
  t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
       [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Canno
  t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding; nested exception is:
       [java]     org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Encryptio
  n: error during message processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An
   unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception is:
       [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno

  Again looked in FAQ and added

  security.provider.7=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider

  line to

  d:\programs\java\jre1.5.0_06\lib\security\java.security

  file. I made sure that java -version belonged to the java installation found under d:\programs\java\jre1.5.0_06.
Therefore, I must had changed correct java.security file.

  Finally, ran the ant script again and, unfortunately, got the same error.