axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Greif" <jgr...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Determining the request path for logging [1.x]
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:28:16 GMT
If you're using a handler for logging, the handler in the request flow
could add a correlation-id or request-id property to the
MessageContext with a generated value, and include it in the log
message.  Similarly, the handler in the response flow could retrieve
that property and include it in the response/fault log.  The
correlation id could be generated using java.rmi.server.UID or
java.rmi.dgc.VMID depending upon the configuration of your server(s).

Before doing this, check to see if Axis already has some
correlation-id functionality or whether there is already a unique
request-id in the MessageContext.

Jeff