axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Enric Jaen <en...@nmg.upc.es>
Subject asynchronous attachments? (part 2)
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:11:39 GMT
Similarly, I want my server starts returning processed data before reaching the end of the
data. Is there any way to do this with attachments?
Regards,
-Enric

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:26:33 +0100 (CET)
From: Enric Jaen <enric@nmg.upc.es>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: asynchronous attachments?

Hi all,
Is there any way to return asynchronously from an operation returning an attachment?.
For example, suppose I have this operation: DataHandler foo()
What I try to do is to return from foo() immediately and then get the data from the DataHandler
by reading its inputStream.
The problem is that foo() doesn't return until the client has received all the attachment.

Is is possible to do that?
I'd appreciate any suggestions on this..
Regards,
-Enric