axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin Schoeman <jus...@expertron.co.za>
Subject Re: At my wits end - Axis2 and abstract types...
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:15:13 GMT
Rodrigo Ruiz wrote:
> I use Axis 1.3, and it generates a different set of classes. I am not
> getting any class called "DeviceIDImpl", but an abstract "DeviceID" one.
> I think the difference comes from Axis2 XmlBeans support (I see you
> activate this option in the command-line). Have you inspected the source
> code of "DeviceIDImpl"? For what you said, it seems that it has the
> appropriate data, at least internally, despite its class name. If that
> class is a "bag" for several WSDL types, it might have methods for
> converting from and to the "supported" subtypes. This is just a guess,
> because I don't know how XmlBeans work. :-P

I borrowed some class inspection code, and recursed up the entire object
hierarchy without finding any obvious methods/properties...

> I am at work now, so I cannot expend much time in testing the generated
> classes, but I will try later ;-)

Thanks - any chance if you can see if you can convice Axis1.3 to
serialise the abstract classes? 1.3 looks a lot better all-round (except
for this problem).

> Apart from this, I see another error in the msgId field. Its datetime
> attribute is filled with the result of calling toString() on a Calendar
> instance, and this is incorrect. In the client code, you should do
> something like:

Hmmm... The autogenerated bean asks for a java.util.Calendar object...

Thanks for all the help!

-justin