axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rave, Mark" <Mark.R...@cardinal.com>
Subject RE: Arbitrary Authenitcation Types (based on SOAP Headers)
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:25:50 GMT
I don't know if this is what you are asking but it can't hurt to offer it.  I used WSDL2Java
to generate the stubs and I also had to have authentication information in the SOAP header,
this is how I did it but it might not be the best way:

  SomethingService service = new SomethingServiceLocator();

  Something svc = service.getSomethingSOAPPort();

  SomethingSoapBindingStub stub = (SomethingSoapBindingStub)svc;
  SOAPHeaderElement she = new SOAPHeaderElement("namespace", "AuthInfo");
  SOAPElement ut = she.addChildElement("UserToken");
  SOAPElement un = ut.addChildElement("UserName");
  un.addTextNode("username");
  SOAPElement pw = ut.addChildElement("Password");
  pw.addTextNode("password");
  stub.setHeader(she);

When I make the call something like this is generated:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:m="namespace">
<SOAP-ENV:Header>