axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Seth Griffin <griffins...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: File permissions and constructor calling in axis
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:40:47 GMT
I have discovered a solution to my problem. It turns out that the files are being written and
read properly. I guess I had the wrong assumptions about what the actual working directories
were on Tomcat (I am very new to server side Java :). Unless you specify the path that the
files should be written to Tomcat will put them in $CATALINA_HOME/bin on Linux or C:\WINDOWS\System32
on windows. Thanks for any responses I missed!

  -Seth

Seth Griffin <griffinseth@yahoo.com> wrote:
          Hello,

  I have written a simple web service that uses an internal (and
custom) logging package for logging errors and access stats. When I call
methods from my web service and check the working directories I cannot find
the logs that should have been created. Does axis not allow file system
access? Does axis call constructors from a jws class?

  (I am using jws deployment, by the way)

  Thanks

  -Seth