axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Andersson" <johan.h.anders...@home.se>
Subject [axis2] Problem with Websphere 6 and Axis2 security module
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:36:39 GMT
Hello,

I have some issues when trying to run Axis2 version 0.94 in Websphere 6 with the security
module engaged.

Please note that the services do not actually perform any encryption/signing etc, the module
is only engaged in the axis2.xml.

Problem no 1:
-------------

In Websphere 6 on WinXP.

1) Deploy one of the sample services included in the 0.94 release, I used MyService.aar.

2) Execute the service through a call from the client.

It works as expected returning a response.

Now trying to stop the Websphere windows service it fails with:
"Could not stop the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6 - XXX service on Local Computer. The
service did not return an error. ..."

To restart websphere I have to kill the process.
This has been verified on two different Websphere 6 installations.

If I do not execute any webservice calls the server can be restarted in a controlled fashion.

Problem no 2:
-------------

The reason I am restarting the entire Websphere server in the first place is that trying to
restart the actual Axis2 webapp is failing for some

reason, after executing a webservice call.

The webapp restarts but is then broken and give me errors each time I send a web service request
to the server.

[2006-02-22 11:23:16:710 CET] 0000004a ServletWrappe E   SRVE0100E: Did not realize  init()
exception thrown by servlet AxisServlet:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.<init>(WSSConfig.java:72)
        <<deleted rest of stacktrace>>

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create nullNodejava.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.xml.security.c14n.implementations.CanonicalizerBase.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
	... 39 more

If I disengaged the security module (remove the entry from axis2.xml) the webapp in Websphere
can be restarted and will function properly.

Problem no 3:

The reason I have to restart the webapp is that hotupdate is not working properly (I believe
there is a Jira for this already).

In effect this means I have to force-kill my Websphere process each time I deploy/update a
webservice which is not very nice.

Best Regards,
Johan Andersson