axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Evans <aaronmev...@yahoo.ca>
Subject [Axis2-0.94] - AXIS2_HOME null issue
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:29:02 GMT
I generated a client stub based on some wsdl using the eclipse plugin.

In my stub, it created a static String for axis home and set it to null.
It also had a comment that suggested this was ok:

//default axis home being null forces the system to pick up the
//mars from the axis2 library
public static final String AXIS2_HOME = null;

However, when I run my client from windows, I get the stack trace given below.

If I set this value to a path that points to a directory with axis2.xml and
the modules directory in it, then it works fine.

However, since I am just using axis in a client capacity and I didn't change
the default axis2.xml or modules, I really think I should be able to run it
without having to specify any "AXIS2_HOME" configuration.

I have tried a few workarounds, but haven't been successful yet.

Any suggestions?

Stack trace:

	org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Access is denied;
nested exception is:
	java.io.IOException: Access is denied
	at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.prepareRepository(
DeploymentEngine.java:845)
	at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.<init>(
DeploymentEngine.java:117)
	at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.<init>(
DeploymentEngine.java:107)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.FileSystemConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(
FileSystemConfigurator.java:55)
	at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.
createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:39)
	at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.
createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:53)
	at com.mycompany.WebServiceClientStub.<init>(
WebServiceClientStub.java:122)
	at com.mycompany.test.WebServiceClientStubTest.setUp(
WebServiceClientStubTest.java:27)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Access is denied
	at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
	at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:850)
	at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.prepareRepository(
DeploymentEngine.java:831)
	... 17 more