axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ferguson, Neil, VF-NZ" <Neil.Fergu...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: Generated code not Thread safe
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:16:55 GMT
Hi.

You might find this recent discussion on this mailing helpful:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=113771126214607&w=2

Basically, the generated stub doesn't seem to be thread-safe, but it
doesn't seem to be very expensive to create a new stub each time you
want one. The service locator does seem to be thread-safe (and is
relatively expensive to create), so you can cache this.

Hope this helps.

Neil.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alsarraf, Laheeb (NIH/OD) [C] [mailto:Alsarral@mail.nih.gov]
Sent: Saturday, 28 January 2006 8:51 a.m.
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Generated code not Thread safe

Hello,

I have used axis 1.1.2 and axis 1.1.3 to generate client code for a web
service. I tested the generated code for multithreading and the program
deadlocks. I added "Synchronized" keyword in the method createCall() of
the generated code and that solved the problem.

Has anyone had thread safety problems with web service client code
generated using axis.

Here is the command I use to generate the code:

java -cp %AXISCP% org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --timeout -1 %*

Thanks

Laheeb Alsarraf

Have you seen our website?.... http://www.vodafone.co.nz

Manage Your Account, check your Vodafone Mail and send web2TXT online: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/myvodafone

CAUTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not the named recipient and receive this correspondence in error, you must not
copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system
and
notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and
do
not represent those of Vodafone New Zealand Limited.

Vodafone New Zealand Limited
20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Private Bag 92161, Auckland 1030
Telephone + 64 9 355 2000
Facsimile + 64 9 355 2001