axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ferguson, Neil, VF-NZ" <Neil.Fergu...@vodafone.com>
Subject Generated Stub Thread-safe?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:53:47 GMT
Hi.

I was wondering if anybody could give me a definitive answer on whether
the stub generated by WSDL2Java (Axis 1.3) is thread-safe (i.e. it can
safely be used by multiple concurrent threads without external
synchronization)? Unfortunately "I've tried it and it works" probably
won't be enough for me, I'll probably need some documentation to back it
up.

Also, if it is thread-safe are there any performance implications of
multiple threads using it (i.e. it does lots of synchronization
internally)?

Perhaps I should just pool my stubs to be on the safe side. Any
thoughts?

Thanks.

Neil.

Have you seen our website?.... http://www.vodafone.co.nz

Manage Your Account, check your Vodafone Mail and send web2TXT online: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/myvodafone

CAUTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not the named recipient and receive this correspondence in error, you must not
copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system
and
notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and
do
not represent those of Vodafone New Zealand Limited.

Vodafone New Zealand Limited
20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Private Bag 92161, Auckland 1030
Telephone + 64 9 355 2000
Facsimile + 64 9 355 2001