axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jarmo Doc" <jar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Debugging Service
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:32:13 GMT
Here are a few very basic things that I do upfront to diagnose whether or
not an Axis service is correctly deployed:

1. Is Apache alive? http://hostname
2. Is Tomcat alive? http://hostname:8080
3. Is Axis alive? http://hostname:8080/axis
4. Is Axis happy? http://hostname:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp
5. Get Axis version
http://hostname:8080/axis/services/Version?method=getVersion
6. List all Axis services http://hostname:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet
7. Is my service deployed and active?
http://hostname:8080/axis/services/myservice
8. Get WSDL for my service http://hostname:8080/axis/services/myservice?wsdl

You should be aware that there is a bug in Axis (1.3 at least) AdminClient
where it can fail to deploy a service yet does not indicate any error.  So
you might think that the service has been deployed but in fact it hasn't.  I
typically grep for my service name in server-config.wsdd and if not there
then I assume that AdminClient failed and I check the Tomcat logs which
usually contain an exception telling me what went wrong.