axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Girish_Kumar" <Girish_Ku...@Satyam.com>
Subject RE: UnknownHostException while generating proxy
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:18:47 GMT
I tried with URL also. Tried both using localhost and system name. But
it throws the same exception. My client written in asp.net is working
fine.

________________________________

From: Jim Azeltine [mailto:jazeltine@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:06 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: UnknownHostException while generating proxy

I believe that WSDL2Java needs a URL, not a filename. Instead of
downloading the file, try running it against the URL directly.

Jim

Girish_Kumar <Girish_Kumar@Satyam.com> wrote:

	Hello,

	I have a Windows Communication Foundation (Indigo) web service
hosted on
	IIS. I want to develop a client for this web service in Java
using Axis.
	For this I downloaded the WSDL from the web server and used the
command
	"java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java service.wsdl" to generate
the
	proxies. Unfortunately it throws java.net.UnknownHostException.
We have
	a proxy server in the network. So I tried with -U and -P
parameters. I
	even set the proxy details through Java Plug-in control panel.
As a last
	option I tried setting Dhttp.proxyHost and Dhttp.proxyUser
variables.
	But everything in vain.=20

	If anybody has a solution for this, please share with me.

	DISCLAIMER:
	This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole
use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by
others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the
contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all
copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: