axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Fernando.Matom...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: No way to use webservice through proxy server
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:35:33 GMT
As a matter of fact, proxy does work if it doesn't require
authentication.
Once you set up the proxy to require authentication, it fails.
I am using Java Web Start. Apparently the problem is that Axis is not
using Sun's networking library in the proper was as to get the default
configuration. There seems to be no way of getting the proxy
authentication
info from the runtime (to configure Axis manually) because of security
reasons.

So, I am forced to abandon Axis and try with Sun's JAX-RPC reference
implementation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mato Mira, Fernando (DIA CHE)
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:12 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: No way to use webservice through proxy server

Hello,

1. First, the connection was to a service via HTTPS, the proxy
apparently does all the crypto
and the client raises an exception because it can't understand a plain
text response.

2. To avoid this, I tried connecting via HTTP. Now it seems the proxy
removes the basic authentication header
sent by the client, as it gets an error "Authentication required" from
the server.

I imagine there's nothing Axis can do about 2, but what about fixing 1?
1 is the right way to connect anyway.

I am using 1.2 Final

Thanks