axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Tao" <Tao....@ssa.gov>
Subject RE: Reasons why Webservice is inaccessible from WAN?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:31:06 GMT
Do you have a proxy server?
You can test the service access with a browser.

tao

  _____

From: Anthony Bargnesi [mailto:abargnesi@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:03 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Reasons why Webservice is inaccessible from WAN?

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has ever encountered a scenario where
your deployed webservice works fine within a LAN but fails when accessing
from a WAN.  I have a deployed webservice where accessing it from a WAN
causes the client to hang when doing a Call.invoke.  Has anyone encountered
this problem or do you think it is more a problem with the client system?

Packet capturing was done on the WAN client and discovered that no soap
request
is made to the webservice.  The axis debug ends with this before hanging
indefinately:

968  [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.Call  - operation.getNumParams()=8
968  [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.Call   - getParamList number of
params: 8
975  [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.Call  - Enter:
Call::invoke(RPCElement)
1006 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject (attachEnabled)
1006 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.Message  - Attachment support is enabled?
true

But it is clear that a SOAP request is never made to the webservice.

Any ideas?

Thanks!,

Anthony Bargnesi