axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tootell, James" <jctoot...@anteon.com>
Subject RE: Reasons why Webservice is inaccessible from WAN?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:30:24 GMT
Congrats on the progress.  Linux has netstat (among other things) to
monitor your box's traffic.  Axis (if your WS is J2EE based) also has
TcpMon with a GUI that you can use.

Good luck.

________________________________

	From: Anthony Bargnesi [mailto:abargnesi@gmail.com]
	Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:11 AM
	To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; axel.burwitz@arcor.de
	Subject: Re: Reasons why Webservice is inaccessible from WAN?

	Thanks for the reply.  I think I have narrowed it down.

	James:

	Using the IP instead of hostname yield the same effect.  Then I
	tried putting in a bogus hostname for the endpoint (ip doesn't
resolve) and
	it still hangs at invoke with no Execeptions.  This leads me to
believe that my
	client system is not letting me send out over port 80.  Maybe
there is a proxy
	running that I do not know about.  I am trying from a linux
client.  I will get a chance
	to try it from a windows system tonight, still outside my
company's LAN.  My
	belief is that the linux client isn't letting anything out.  Is
there a command line
	linux tool that allows me to monitor packets/ports on the
localhost?

	Axel:

	Thanks for your insight.  Your suggestions could possibly effect
my webservice, but just not
	yet.  For now it seems it is a client firewall/proxy issue that
is blocking my original request
	from being sent.  But who knows, after I solve one, that may be
the second :).

	I'll let you know if other clients succeed.

	-Anthony