axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rutherford, Matthew" <Matthew.Rutherf...@DrKW.com>
Subject WebService performance tweaking
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:08:56 GMT
Hi
I have a doc/lit web service that currently sends a return object that looks
like this:
return object (complex type)

-complextype1[]

    -String
    -long
    -complextype2[]

        -String
        -long
    -complextype3[]

        -long
        -String
        -long
        -complextype2[]

When sending a return object to the ws client, with around 100 elements in
complextype1 and about 5 on average in both complextype2 and complextype3,
the call takes about 8-10 mins to complete, with my java client (256meg jvm)
taking up 98% of the cpu during this time (which I guess is doing
deserializing of the returned soap msg)

Is there any best practice/advice/resources for reducing the performance
hit?

Matthew Rutherford
Digital Markets - Research team
Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein