axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Keith <keithma...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: AXIS, SOAP and cookie based routing
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:07:30 GMT
I appreciate the advice but I have to use cookies -- I don't have an
alternative.  I am not interested in session management.

The existing infrastructure is using cookies.  I need to be able to set a
specific cookie with a specific value.

I need to be able to insert the following header in the HTTP response:

Set-Cookie: MN=1, path=/

The "MN" is fixed.  The value (1 in this case) identifies the server -- so
each server will use the value that identifies it.

The browser will automatically send back the cookie in subsequent requests,
the load balancer will use that to route it back to the correct web server.

Thanks,
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: iksrazal [mailto:iksrazal@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 4:25 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: AXIS, SOAP and cookie based routing

An alternative to cookies - which I have used successfully - would be to
generate your own UUID and store that in a replicated cache like ehache or
TreeCache.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/UUID.html

The idea being that on successful login, the uuid is returned and then
passed
back in on subsequent requests. Its a quick, simple approach.

Yet another alternative would be SimpleSessionHandler in axis 1.x and
SeviceGroupContext in axis2 .

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/