axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Keith <keithma...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: AXIS, SOAP and cookie based routing
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 02:37:37 GMT
I am not trying to use cookies to maintain session.  I want to use cookies
for load balancer affinity.  The idea is that every session going to a
server will have the same cookie -- and only my software will know what name
and value to use based on the server.

When I read this it looks like Axis is creating a cookie with the name it
wants to use and a value that varies by sessions on the same server.

-Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarmo Doc [mailto:jarmod@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:06 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: AXIS, SOAP and cookie based routing

For basic session handling using cookies, at server:

MessageContext.getCurrentContext().setMaintainSession(true)

At client:

XYZServiceLocator xyz_locator = new XYZServiceLocator();
xyz_locator.setMaintainSession(true);

Also see:
http://www.fawcette.com/javapro/2003_04/online/wsdl_kjones_04_29_03/default_
pf.aspx