axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel López <D.Lo...@uib.es>
Subject Re: Web Service requests dispatcher
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:42:52 GMT
Hi Anne,
Thanks for your suggestions, I tried the java:MSG provider and even
though it goes one step further towards what I want to accomplish, I'm
still limited to make it so the name of the operation and method in the
Java class are the same, which I want to avoid if possible. Is there any
way I can change that?

I also had already considered the workaround you suggest with the
submitRequest generic operation, but then I would lose the extra
features that I can get from defining each operation separatedly in the
wsdd, each one with its parameters and types specified etc.

So I would like to be able to do something like...
<service name="TestWebService" provider="java:MSG">
   <parameter name="className" value="test.TestWS" />
   <parameter name="scope" value="Application" />
   <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="process" />
   <operation
     name="getInfo"
     qname="ns:getInfo"
     returnQName="return"
     returnType="rtns:normalizedString"
     xmlns:rtns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
     xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"

      <parameter name="id" type="tns:string"
                 xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      />
   </operation>
   <operation
     name="getMoreInfo"
     qname="ns:getMoreInfo"
     returnQName="return"
     returnType="rtns:normalizedString"
     xmlns:rtns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
     xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"

      <parameter name="id" type="tns:string"
                 xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      />
      <parameter name="anotherParam" type="tns:string"
                 xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      />
   </operation>
  </service>
But have both the operations,"getInfo" and "getMoreInfo" be implemented
in a single Java method like
/**
*
*/
public Element [] dispath(Element [] elems)
{
   // Parse elems and see if the requested operation is getInfo
   // or getMoreInfo...
}

Is this possible at all?
Thanks,