axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tao liu <tliu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2-0.94] wsdl2java throws NullPointerException
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:38:07 GMT
Thanks, Chathura.

"wsdl2java -uri mtomecho.wsdl -s -ss -sd -d none" can generate the code
based on AXIOM.

"wsdl2java -uri mtomecho.wsdl -s -ss -sd -d xmlbeans" can generate the Java
code and many files which I don't understand.

But it throws an exception (as appended) when I the following command.

"-d none" seems generating very clean code. Could you please explain a
little more on the difference among the three "-d" options?

Thanks,
tao

D:\wsdl>wsdl2java -uri mtomecho.wsdl -s -ss -sd
Using AXIS2_HOME:   D:\temp\axis2-std-0.94-bin
Using JAVA_HOME:    D:\j2sdk1.4.2_05
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException
: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompilationException
: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate
(CodeGener
ationEngine.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:31)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompilation
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.SimpleDBExtension.engage
(Simp
leDBExtension.java:152)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate
(CodeGener
ationEngine.java:80)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompilationException:
java.lang.NullPoi
nterException
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.writer.JavaBeanWriter.write(
JavaBeanWriter.ja
va:143)
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.writeElement(
SchemaCompiler.ja
va:252)
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.compile(
SchemaCompiler.java:19
1)
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompiler.compile(
SchemaCompiler.java:14
1)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.SimpleDBExtension.engage
(Simp
leDBExtension.java:104)
        ... 3 more
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.writer.JavaBeanWriter.getBeanElement
(JavaBean
Writer.java:357)
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.writer.JavaBeanWriter.process
(JavaBeanWriter.
java:270)
        at org.apache.axis2.schema.writer.JavaBeanWriter.write(
JavaBeanWriter.ja
va:141)
        ... 7 more
D:\wsdl>

====

I tried code generating it ran fine(Both downloading the WSDL and
giving the link as the URI). Try pasting the error with the mail.
Seemingly bad error message might ring a bell in someone's head.
Chathura