axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Azeltine <jazelt...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: UnknownHostException while generating proxy
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:36:10 GMT
I believe that WSDL2Java needs a URL, not a filename. Instead of downloading the file, try
running it against the URL directly.

  Jim

Girish_Kumar <Girish_Kumar@Satyam.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have a Windows Communication Foundation (Indigo) web service hosted on
IIS. I want to develop a client for this web service in Java using Axis.
For this I downloaded the WSDL from the web server and used the command
"java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java service.wsdl" to generate the
proxies. Unfortunately it throws java.net.UnknownHostException. We have
a proxy server in the network. So I tried with -U and -P parameters. I
even set the proxy details through Java Plug-in control panel. As a last
option I tried setting Dhttp.proxyHost and Dhttp.proxyUser variables.
But everything in vain.=20

If anybody has a solution for this, please share with me.

DISCLAIMER: