axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jay Burgess <li...@vtgroup.com>
Subject RE: Deploying a web service
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:17:18 GMT
After incorporating a <java> call to the Admin class in my build.xml, I now have
a correct server-config.wsdd file being created.  And calling my webservice via
a browser does return a SOAP message.  However...the result is always -3!

<soapenv:Envelope>
    <soapenv:Body>
        <addResponse
         soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
            <addReturn xsi:type="xsd:int">-3</addReturn>
        </addResponse>
    </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Since my implementation class looks like the following, I'd expect the result to
be the sum of my two query string parameters:

public class Math
{
    public int add(int x, int y)
    {
        return x + y;
    }
}

I do see some hardcoded -3's in the Axis source, but haven't figured out from
that what I'm doing wrong.  And since I can't seem to find a way to search the
archives and Google for "-3", I'm not getting any help that way.

Does anyone have an idea about what I'm still doing wrong and/or what a -3 might
indicate?

Thanks.

Jay