axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dink" <t...@ms.iii.org.tw>
Subject web service style
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:57:34 GMT
Dear Sir:

I have some confusion about the style and the use of web services. In WSDL 1.1 specification,
there are four kinds of combinations of style and use. They are RPC/Encoded, RPC/literal,
Document/Encoded, and Document/literal. The RPC/Encoded and Document/literal are the most
common used ones. In Axis, the user guide tells me there are four kinds of styles of web services
defined. They are RPC, Document, Wrapped and Message. However the axis.jar has a Java2WSDL
tool, the tool provides us to specify the service style as Document, RPC and Wrapped. Can
somebody help me to classify the relationship of these service styles between the WSDL specificatiom,
Axis userguide and Axis Java2WSDL tool? They really makes me confused a lot. Why not Axis
Java2WSDL provides all kinds of  web service styles? Thanks in advance.

Dink Lo