axis-java-user mailing list archives

From meghan.piet...@usbank.com
Subject Re: Sub-set of axis jars
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:15:01 GMT
On 12/8/05, Guy Rixon (gtr@ast.cam.ac.uk) wrote:

"Is it possible to leave some of the Axis jars out of an application? If I
have
a client that doesn't use SAAJ or JAX-RPC, can I leave out those jars? How
about in a service?"

Guy,

I've left quite a few of the Axis jars (as required for building Axis) out
of my client application.  Don't have a service, so I can't speak for that.

The user documentation for 1.2.1 (the version I'm running) specifies:
axis.jar, commons-discovery.jar, commons-logging.jar, jaxrpc.jar, saaj.jar,
log4j-1.2.8.jar.  I'm fairly certain I've run my client with only those
JARs (in a J2EE environment, so I didn't need mail-api or activation.jar).

In my client, it was not possible to run without saaj.jar or jaxrpc.jar.
Perhaps if you were using Axis only for the Transport, and not for the
marshalling/unmarshalling (although then it seems you lose most of the
benefit...)

Meghan

_________________________________
Meghan Pietila
Java Middleware Architect
Sales & Service Management Program
US Bank - Gold 4
(651) 205-0904
(651) 610-1697 pager
meghan.pietila@usbank.com

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is,
or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and
proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are
legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this
communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.