axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Renevey <francois.rene...@dartfish.com>
Subject Axis working on one server and not on another
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:24:12 GMT
Dear Axis user,

I have written already last week for my problem but I didn't get any answer.
Is my question to stupid or is nobody able to help me?
Please help me even if my question seems to you very stupid ... or tell me
who could help me.

I try to use Axis as client to access web services. As test I try to access
the existing web service GlobalWeather. I'm using a web server Linux with
Apache and Tomcat.

I get an error as soon as I try to make my test work:
http://www.dartfish.com/tests/web_services/axis.jsp

I could make exactely the same test works on one server without any problem:
http://www.dartfishonline.com/axis.jsp

I did exactely the same on both servers:
> I uploaded the library axis.jar, commons-discovery-0.2.jar,
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar, jaxrpc.jar, saaj.jar et wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar in
/var/tomcat4/common/lib.
> I restarted Tomcat.
> I added the axis.jsp test page.

As soon as I click on the button "Get Weather" or "Get Cities By Country" in
my test jsp page, I get the following error:

Exception: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration file -
aborting! org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration
file - aborting! at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java
:175) at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:172) at
org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.(AxisEngine.java:156) at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.(AxisClient.java:52) at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104) at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:157) at
org.apache.jsp.axis$jsp._jspService(axis$jsp.java:135) at ...

Part of my jsp page:
try
{
 String wsdlUrl = "http://www.webservicex.net/globalweather.asmx?WSDL";
 String nameSpaceUri = "http://www.webserviceX.NET";
 String serviceName = "GlobalWeather";
 String targetEndpointUrl = "http://www.webservicex.net/globalweather.asmx";
 String portName = "GlobalWeatherSoap";
 String operation = "GetWeather";
 Object[] parameters = new Object[] {vCity, vCountry};

 Service axisService = new Service(new URL(wsdlUrl), new QName(nameSpaceUri,
serviceName));
 Call axisCall = (Call) axisService.createCall();

 axisCall.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(targetEndpointUrl));
 axisCall.setOperation(new QName(nameSpaceUri, portName), operation);

 vResult = (String) axisCall.invoke(parameters);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
 vError = "Exception: " + e.getMessage();
}

Does somebody have an idea what the problem could be?
I really need some help.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Fran├žois Renevey