axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kasi, Anand" <Anand.K...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject Axis 1.3 java2wsdl generates proxy differently
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:25:08 GMT
Hi,

We are moving from Axis 1.1 to 1.3 and have an urgent issue. The proxy
client generated is different in 1.3 and is causing problems with our
customers, who have coded their web pages as per the proxy generated by
Axis 1.1

Here is one of the simpler examples.
See the request structure for one of our service (BrochureCruisePolicy)
below.

BrochureCruisePolicyRequest
<file:///C:\cruise5.x\Training\Documentation\CruiseAPI.html>
<javascript:history.go(-1)>
This message requests brochure information concerning a cruise vendors
policies.

Control <file:///C:\cruise5.x\Training\Documentation\CruiseAPI.html>  -
Mandatory
This element serves as a control header for all requests and responses.
The Cruise Vendor should always echo back all information received.

ProdCruisePolicyRequest
<file:///C:\cruise5.x\Training\Documentation\CruiseAPI.html>  -
Mandatory
This element requests information concerning the policies of a cruise
vendor. A maximum of 3 policies may be specified for a single request.

ProdCruisePolicyRequest
<file:///C:\cruise5.x\Training\Documentation\CruiseAPI.html>
<javascript:history.go(-1)>
This element requests information concerning the policies of a cruise
vendor. A maximum of 3 policies may be specified for a single request.

PolicyCode - Mandatory Integer Array Min 1 Max 2
A code representing a policy supported by a cruise vendor.Sample Cruise
Policy codes and names include 1 for All Policies, 2 for Air/Sea, 3 for
Cancellation, etc...See the PolicyName Domain Table for actual values.
See the PolicyNameVendor Domain Table for actual values supported by a
Cruise Vendor..

Within the axis 1.3 generated BrochureCruisePolicyRequest proxy file, it
contains Control object and an integer array, instead of Control and
ProdCruisePolicyRequest object. This problem is occurring every time
there is an object (say Obj A) with only one object (Obj B) inside it.
Axis seems to not generate Obj A at all and declare Obj B in parent of
Obj A.

Is there any way, I can force axis to generate the proxy exactly like it
is defined in the wsdl. I do not have this issue with Axis 1.1.

I have pasted the fragment from the wsdl for the example. The entire
wsdl is also attached.

<complexType name="BrochureCruisePolicyRequest">
                <sequence>
                    <element name="control" nillable="true"
type="tns2:Control"/>
                    <element name="prodCruisePolicyRequest"
nillable="true" type="tns27:ProdCruisePolicyRequest"/>
                </sequence>
            </complexType>

Thanks,
Anand