axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jayachandra <jayachan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with instant deployment
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:29:15 GMT
Looks like we have a very interesting scenario here. If I recollect correct,
axis engine inside a jvm is a *singleton* and to serve Service1 it might be
existing as a singleton with serverside flag set to true inside Tomcat JVM,
and since inside your Service1 you try to access the engine code as if like
a client side client is trying to call Service2, axis might be failing.
Axis can't be blamed for this either, for its an SOA framework where client
is assumed to be located in a seperate JVM. So I'd suggest that don't try to
invoke the Service2 methods via an axis client call mechanism but rather
import the corresponding Service2SoapBindingImpl into your
Service1SoapBindingImpl class and do a direct method call, unless you want
to truly *experiment* and find something for yourself as a case study.

HTH,
Jaya

On 12/14/05, Frank <fgeck@optonline.net> wrote:

> Well I've narrowed it down and it is a server problem but I'm not sure how
> to fix it.
>
> Service 1 and service 2 both work fine if called from a client or a
> browser.  Service 1 calls service 2 and that's where it stops and returns to
> the client that useless exception.  The server code has a try catch around
> that call but produces nothing in the server log.   This except code works
> on another machine and I had it working on here earlier.  All I can figure
> is it's some config etc thing.  The tubs are compiled and in the
> \webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes unjared.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank
>
> jayachandra wrote:
>
> Totally agree with Ron,
> have a peep into catalina_home/logs and I bet 70% of the time we'll know
> what to do.
>
> Jaya
>
> On 12/14/05, Ron Reynolds <Ron@ronreynolds.com> wrote:
> >
> > errors in Axis are actually logged (in some cases) at the DEBUG level.
> > also make sure the request is hitting your server (check your
> > $TOMCAT_HOME/logs/ directory for most recent catalina, localhost and access
> > logs).  there was a posting earlier that sounded like the Axis engine never
> > came up - if that's the case check the localhost log as that's where the
> > problem will be logged.
> >
> > in all cases where i got a very generic error on the client it was a
> > server-side error that had somehow been "dumbed down" to a generic error, so
> > that's why i suggested checking the server-side logs.
> >
> > .............ron. (tho you can call me "roy") ;-)

Source)

--
-- Jaya