axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Håkon T Sønderland <...@antares.no>
Subject Creating a WS client, where to start?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:18:31 GMT
<<< Newbie Alert!!!! >>>

Sorry about the total newbie questions.

I am trying to use Axis to create a WS client consuming an
existing web service.

I've read all the newbie tutorial I could find, but the all seem
to be on the "hello world" level and think I understand what they
do.  But, trying to this with the web service I need, I get very
confused.

I'm using Axis 1.2.1 and Java 1.4.

I generate the client code using WSDL2Java such:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -t -s \
"https://www.creditinform.biz/CreditInform.StandardWebservice.WS2005207/InfoXML.asmx?wsdl"

I now get among the stuff here a class called Header, which contains
username, password etc.

I think this should be used for setting up the username etc.  But how?

I generated the JUnit test class (-t parameter) hoping it would give me
a clue as to how to use the Header class, but it does not reference it
at all.  Needless to say none of the tutorial have anything like this.

Help?

Pointers to examples for WS clients (beyond "hello world") would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Håkon
--