axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chathura Herath <chathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jaxb integration in axis
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 05:06:36 GMT
The code generation engine of the axis2 has a the ability to plug in
extensions to it. see
org.apache.axis2.databinding.extensions
The xml beans is one such extension that gets plugged in and compiles
the schema and generate
types.(org.apache.axis2.databinding.extensions.XMLBeansExtension) You
can write a one for jaxb too.

Right now we have integrated to xmlbeans to the engine(Runtime)
through the stax api. On reception of the SOAP message we get the stax
events of the incoming body of the SOAP message and feed it to
XMLbeans to build the databound object. This is quite straight forward
since our OM exposes a stax API. I guess same would work for jaxb as
well.
Hope this will give you some direction.
Please do query any doubts you have
Thanks
Chathura

On 12/3/05, Ron Mexico <ron.mexico.chicago@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, if you could point me in the right direction, I'm interested.
> Let me know what I could do to help.
>
> On 12/3/05, Chathura Herath <chathurah@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If we are talking about data binding using jaxb, it can be done
> > without much of a hassel and we had this idea in mind when we did the
> > xml-beans databinding. So the WSDL2Java code generation engine is more
> > than extensible for this.
> >
> > Chathura
> >
> > On 12/3/05, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Ron,
> > >
> > > This is definitely possible in Axis2. Willing to help? there is some
> > > code in the scratch area which we can polish up and update.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > dims

Perhaps I