axis-java-user mailing list archives

From De Graef Luc <Luc.DeGr...@cosmosworldwide.com>
Subject RE: Problem with instant deployment
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:37:48 GMT
Hello,

in the message 'Server.UserException / InvocationTargetException  with a new
webs ervice', I described approximately the same scenario, let's say the
same output. I am also working with Tomcat 5.0.28 but with Axis 1.3 .

 A suggestion from Roy Reynolds was that it really is a server related
issue, and that we need to check the server logging output. It seems however
that I don't have any logging, not even with a log4j.properties file
containing following info :

	# Set root category priority to INFO and its only appender to
CONSOLE.
	log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE
	#log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE
	# Logging detail level,
	# Must be one of ("trace", "debug", "info", "warn", "error", or
"fatal").
	org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=trace

	# Set the enterprise logger category to FATAL and its only appender
to CONSOLE.
	log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL, CONSOLE
	log4j.logger.org.apache=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE
	# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.
	log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
	log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=TRACE
	log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
	log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=- %m%n
	# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.
	log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=axis.log
	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true
	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=TRACE
	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x
- %m%n

Do you have some output at server side ?

Regards

Luc