axis-java-user mailing list archives

From trebor iksrazal <iksra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: wsdd <operation> - How do I represent return type of List?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:25:32 GMT
Anne actuallly helped me with 'List of complex
type objects' a couple days ago. I've done what you
describe alot with 'rpc encoded', but the future is
pointing to doc / lit, as you seem to be using anyways
:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=113459148202564&w=2

I've got it about 99% working at this point. I might
be able to help more code wise should you get stuck.

HTH,
iksrazal

--- Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ben,
>
> For better interoperability, you should convert your
> list into an array.
>
> See
> http://www.osmoticweb.com/axis-wsdd/operation.htm
> for documentation of
> the WSDD <operation> definition.
>
> name = the name of the Java method
> qname = the qname of the element that represents the
> method name in XML
> returnQName = the qname of the element that
> represents the return value in
> XML
> returnType = the XML type of the element that
> represents the return value
>
> Anne
>
> On 12/16/05, Ben Reif <Ben.Reif@cgi-ams.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Axis 1.3 to create document / literal
> style services, so as I
> > understand it, I need to be more declarative in my
> wsdd file and define the
> > operations. I have a method in my service that
> returns a List of complex
> > type objects. In reading through the documentation
> I need to set the name,
> > qname, returnQName, and returnType attributes.
> Something like:
> >
> > <operation name="query" qname="?" returnQName="?"
> returnType="?">
> >
> > I also noticed in the WSDDConstants class there
> were constants defined for
> > returnItemQName, returnItemType, itemQName, and
> itemType attributes, but
> > there is no mention of them in the documentation.
> Can anyone explain how to
> > represent a List of complex types as either an
> input parameter or a return
> > parameter in the <operation> tag? Also, what's the
> difference between qname,
> > returnQName and the returnType (which could also
> be a QName maybe?).
> >
> > Thanks a bunch,
> > Ben

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. -- Goethe"