axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Azeltine <jazelt...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Problem with production deployment of Eclipse developed WS client
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:21:47 GMT
I have made lots of good progress with web services thanks to this list. I have Eclipse 3.1
with the WTP plugins installed and working. Using Tomcat 5.0.2.8 and JDK 1.4.2_08 in my development
workstation. The roadblock at this point is that the target production environment is on server
running Solaris 5.9, Apache 1.3, and Tomcat 4.1.29, and this server is behind a firewall.
I am accessing the client webpage from inside the firewall as I am connected via VPN.
  When a functional (in the development environment) Eclipse generated client is deployed
to the server, it does not work as expected. I successfully deployed the service, and installed
the client classes and the jsp files in the server.
  The client page will come up, the getEndpoint() method returns the wrong value! The Tomcat
instance is set up to listen on port 8921, but the server and port are wrong in the response,
localhost:8080 instead of the correct server and port. This initially made me think the service
did not work, as I got "ConnectException: Connection refused". Once I realized the endpoint
was wrong and used the setEndpoint() method to set the correct value, the service works. So
the question is why does the following call in the init method of the proxy class return the
wrong value?
  _endpoint = (String)((javax.xml.rpc.Stub)testClass)._getProperty("javax.xml.rpc.service.endpoint.address");

  Jim Azeltine
  Sr. Software Engineer
  SAIC