axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten Klein" <KarstenKl...@gmx.net>
Subject axis2 classloading issue
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:20:17 GMT
Dear all,

I just migrated my project from axis2 0.92 to 0.93 and ran into a
Classloading issue. I'm deploying the axis2 service using Tomcat (5.0.28)
and it seems that classes referenced by my service implementation and that
are deployed as part of the my .aar file are not visible to the classloader
in place.

To make the service work as anticipated I currently have to deploy the
referenced classes additionally in the web-inf/lib directory of the axis2
webapp.

That means that I have to package my service in two archive files at the
moment. The one containing all required classes for the service
implementation to function (and to be deployed in the axis2/WEB-INF/lib
folder). The second containing the axis2 service implementation class (and
deployed in the axis2/WEB-INF/services folder).

Can someone please comment on this issue. Is this working as anticipated?
Please consider, how this inflicts on the axis2 hot-deployment mechanism!! I
suppose, as soon as I have to touch the WEB-INF/lib folder hot-deployment of
axis2 is annulled!

Thanks,
Karsten

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl