axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Simmons Jr." <robert.simm...@jambit.com>
Subject Re: One Handler for request and response?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:25:15 GMT
That is not always possible. There is some internal state such as
resources on databases and so on that you dont want to create each time.

-- Robert

zze-ELSOKHON Tony RD-BIZZ-ISS schrieb:

>Robert,
>
>You can declare a handler only once as a child element of <globalConfiguration>
and give it a "name" attribute, just like URLMapper or LocalResponder. The specified name
could be used later to reference the handler.

>Declaring a handler this way doesn't guarantee having only one object created. Besides,
handlers should be completely stateless objects and manipulate only the data transmitted via
MessageContext. Having one or multiple instances created should not be a design issue.