axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott McCoy <tags...@gmail.com>
Subject Calling Axis' getVersion manually
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:37:12 GMT
I've been trying to custom-craft a provider for axis, and in testing it I
determined my test was broken...and in testing my test, I determined there
is something about calling Axis services I don't understand, so I'm trying
to figure out what I am missing about the transaction with the HTTP server.
Below, is my HTTP/SOAP conversation with Axis. At the very fundemental
protcol level, what do I have wrong here? Figuring this out could help me
figure out whats wrong with my provider :-)

POST http://scottmc-laptop:8080/axis/services/Version HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: Version#getVersion

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?><Envelope xmlns="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
><Body><getVersion/></Body></Envelope>
HTTP/1.0 500 Internal server error
Set-Cookie: 7
Set-Cookie2: 7

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns1:Server.NoService
</faultcode>
<faultstring>The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
targetService is null</faultstring>
<detail>
<ns2:stackTrace xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">The AXIS engine
could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is null
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:270)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisWorker.execute(
SimpleAxisWorker.java:428)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisWorker.run(SimpleAxisWorker.java
:155)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.run(SimpleAxisServer.java
:245)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.start(
SimpleAxisServer.java:296)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.start(
SimpleAxisServer.java:304)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.main(
SimpleAxisServer.java:385)
</ns2:stackTrace>
<ns3:hostname xmlns:ns3="http://xml.apache.org/axis/"
>scottmc-laptop</ns3:hostname>