axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ron Forrester <itr...@gmail.com>
Subject Returning an Array problem
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:33:39 GMT
Axis 1.3 on Java.

I have scanned the archives and FAQ and can't see my way on this
one... In short, I recently added a method to an already working
service, and this new method returns an array of Foo's.

I generate the bindings with WSDL2Java. When I call this new method
through the binding, I get a fault:

 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Object;
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

The pertinent portion of the exception stack is (leaving out the
obvious fault creation):

.
.
.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
                 AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(
                 DeserializationContext.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
        at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(
                MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
.
.
.

It never makes it into my code, it dies trying to do the invoke. I can
post wsdl and wsdd at some point, but wanted to find out if there is
an obvious place to look first. The other methods in the service still
work fine, so I am guessing this is related to the returning of an
Array.

Thanks much,
--
rjf&