axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Menefee" <mmene...@nationsholding.com>
Subject RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError whenever a soap service is called.
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:00:09 GMT
I just delt with this error.  Someone pointed me to the fact that when I
compile my code, I use different versions of certain software at
runtime.  You might also see NoSuchMethodError at some point.

I was using JRun4 as my app server and JRun was loading Axis 1.1, and I
was compiling with Axis 1.2.  Make sure that our server is not loading
JARS from different versions at runtime.  If so, your server should have
some mechanism that would allow you to load the web apps classpath
first, then the server classpath.

  _____

From: kiran kumar [mailto:kiranks124@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:30 AM
To: axis
Subject: IncompatibleClassChangeError whenever a soap service is called.

Hi,

  Whenever i try to call a soap service i get a
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError. The soap response is given
below. The versions of axis(1.2) is the same on both server and client,
and i am using the same JVM. The server is running on Resin 3.0.8. Could
anyone please help me out.

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error

Server: Resin/3.0.8